Monday 24 July 2017

THE MONOCHROME EDIT // GLOOMY DAYS


Hi everyone!

It's been pretty gloomy in London for the past couple of days, nothing new. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes I like to keep the style of my outfits quite minimal during days like this. I like to stick to colours that don't stand out too much - weird, I know. I prefer to stick with my blacks and whites, most probably because 85% of my wardrobe consists of black or white clothes. Of course I like my bright and vibrant colours, but some days it's nice to keep the outfit slightly muted, but still make it stand out.

I've styled three different outfits with the same black culottes to show how versatile culottes are. I'm obsessed with them and they're so comfortable! It's a must in my wardrobe.

CASUAL WITH A MESSAGE
Nothing is better than a simple and comfy outfit that stands out! I paired this slogan tee with the black culottes. I wore my trusty black converses and a metal feather detailed side bag. It can't get more chic and effortless than this.


BREEZY DAYS
Sometimes it gets quite breezy and you need something more than just a top to step outside the house. That's why I paired this look with a very soft and thin knit jumper that is perfect for those breezy summer days. It's a breathable material which means you won't be feeling hot. Also, you don't have to add more layers to keep warm, a thin jumper will be enough for a cooler summer day. 



KEEPING IT CLASSY
My love for stripes will never stop. A striped blouse is a staple piece that everyone should have in their collection because of how classy and chic it looks. You could pair it with black leggings, high waisted skinny/mom jeans and culottes - it's very versatile and makes your outfit more dressed up! Here I've taken my favourite striped blouse that I've tied into a knot (it's a bit long) rather than tucking it in because I love the messy look. 


Here are all the details for the three outfits:

Outfit One / Top  - Pull and Bear // Culottes - Apricot // Bag - Zara // Shoes - Converse 
Outfit Two / Jumper - Pull and Bear // Culottes - Apricot // Shoes - Converse
Outfit Three / Blouse - Matalan // Culottes - Apricot // Shoes - Converse

Really hope you liked this post!
Thanks for reading,






2 comments so far

  1. I really love the look of monochrome outfits, but I struggle finding nice tops! I love your picks though xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Take a look at my blog if you want and don't miss my latest post.
    Latest Watches In India

    ReplyDelete

My Lifestyle Mantra © . Design by FCD.