Thursday 4 May 2017

4 Cities, 8 Days / Rome

My two friends and I went on a trip to Italy and we explored four different cities in eight days. It was an unforgettable and new experience for me and every part of this trip was wonderful.
We began in Rome, the capital city, where we spent three full days exploring and taking in the historical and cultural landmarks. I loved everything about this city. There was such a live and good vibe which made me want to discover and unravel all the different parts of Rome. Being a big fan of Italian food, I was able to get my good dose  (an overdose actually) of pizza, pasta and gelato throughout this trip, which made me love Italy even more. We visited places such as the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon and many more. Oh, and of course the Vatican City. There are no words to describe how amazingly breathtaking the Vatican City was. The Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica were absolutely stunning and I couldn’t take my eyes of  the intricate and detailed architecture as well as the art work I was surrounded by.
Another favourite location of mine was the Trevi Fountain. We sat in between the hustle and bustle of hundreds of tourists, however somehow we were still able to sit, relax and enjoy our view. We came here during the evening time and watched the fountain slowly light up in the dark. Even just walking through the narrow streets of Rome was my favourite part, especially at nighttime. If you want to get away from the crowded areas and want to go somewhere more peaceful, a stroll through the streets of Rome is the perfect way.
On our last night in Rome, we made our way to Trastevere where we had a dinner and went for a few drinks. I witnessed the best nightlife here and I loved how everyone was so friendly to one another. We went to a small, hipster bar and made the most of our last night in Rome.
Rome stole my heart and I will definitely return to this city one day.
Here are some pictures from my trip to Rome:



I will be posting more photos from my trip to Rome, especially from the Vatican City!
Thankyou so much for reading!
Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 21.13.55

Post a Comment

My Lifestyle Mantra © . Design by FCD.